University of Ljubljana, Academy of Fine Arts and Design
ALUO operates under the auspices of the University of Ljubljana. It was established on 27 October 1945 as the Academy of Figurative Arts, incorporating the studies of painting and sculpture, and is proud of its long tradition. During its operation, the Academy has changed its name a few times and expanded its programme in line with its development. In 1984 the studies incorporated industrial design and visual communication design, and a good decade later also conservation-restoration.