CEE Animation Forum*
The CEE Animation Forum is the leading regional pitching, financing and co-production event. It aims to boost the international circulation potential of projects, as well as their visibility and access to a wider European market.
With our growing professional network, we are building a strong community with the aim to support the projects, to boost the circulation of works and creative ideas, and the creation of new partnerships, to give media exposure to selected projects through various media partners, and to promote projects throughout the year, not only during the event, i. e. to follow the life of the project after the Forum as well.
The main focus remains on the two most important Forum activities: the pitching of animated projects in development and 1:1 industry meetings.
This year we have decided to expand our focus and add a section for the category of Rising stars – student films. Due to the success of our traditional CEE Talents selection for young authors, we strongly believe that the emerging new talents from the region need to be supported and showcased in their own section as well. We want to provide them with the opportunity to present their work.
Submissions are open to animated** projects in development.
- Short Films (maximum length of 20 minutes; all stages of development except for concept stage)
- TV Series and Specials (web and TV series of any format and single films, minimum length of 20 minutes; all stages of development except for concept stage)
- Feature Films (minimum length of 60 minutes; in concept, in development or in production)
- XR immersive media (VR, AR, 360 and other immersive formats; in development or in production)
- Rising stars (student short films, maximum length of 20 minutes, all stages of development except for concept stage)
Who can Submit a Project
Only producers or other project rights-holders can submit projects.
In the Rising stars category, entries can be submitted by the university or by the student.
The producer and director of the submitted project must be citizens of the EU or of countries listed below */ (CEE Animation is supported by European funds and must conform to their regulations).
If the CEE Animation Forum will be an onsite event, both producer and director will have to present the project in person.
For student films (Rising stars): the presence is obliged for director only.
There is no registration fee for submitting your application. Upon selection of the project, fees apply (see regulations).
Submission has to be done HERE (via Google forms).
We advise you to read the REGULATIONS carefully before submitting the project.
HERE you can find the list of the data and documents you will have to attach to the submission form.
The deadline is extended to 17 January 2021.
Each selected team will have the opportunity to be part of an intense training and coaching programme with our expert tutors Matthieu Darras (Director of Projects/Talents Lab – First Cut Lab, Full Circle Lab, Pop Up Film Residency) and Bonnie Williams (Performance coach and founder of The Whole Package, specialized in preparing public speakers and industry professionals for pitches and presentations).
- CEE Animation financial awards
- Audience award
- Partner awards – free scholarships to various training programmes, direct selection to established pitching and B2B events
For any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
*/ list of eligible countries:
- EU member states (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden),
- Acceding countries, candidate countries and potential candidate countries taking advantage of pre-entry strategies corresponding with general principles and conditions for participation of these countries in programmes of the Union stipulated in respective general agreements and decisions of the Council on association or similar agreements (Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo),
- ESVO countries that are members of the EEA, in accordance with regulations of Agreement on EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland),
- Swiss confederation on the base of a bilateral agreement that will be closed,
- Countries within European region complying with procedures set by these countries following general agreements and their participation in EU programmes (Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine).
In projects where one or more authors are not EU citizens, assessment will be made whether the work meets the EU criteria. In case EU regulations are not met, the project will be refused.
*Due to the ongoing global situation, the decision about the dates (between May and June) and about the format – whether the event will be onsite or online – will be announced at the beginning of January 2021.
**An animated project is a project in which at least 50% of the film under consideration is executed using animation film technology or takes the form of multimedia audio-visual work with emphasis on the graphical aspect.
Submissions closed, selection in process.