CEE ANIMATION WORKSHOP is aimed at producers and film industry professionals working in animation of any genre, format or length, coming from the Low Production Capacity countries1, wishing to work in the wider European industry.
CEE ANIMATION WORKSHOP is open to producers and their creative team member (film director or scriptwriter) with an animated project of any form and length in development. The workshop will enable you to:
- Take your knowledge and skills to a high professional level
- Join a dynamic European network
- Co-finance and co-produce in Europe
- Widen your knowledge of European film and television financing
- Work on your script and the artistic vision of your animated project in a comprehensive way working with leading European professionals
- Present your project to leading European decision-makers and prepare to launch it on a wider European market
We also welcome applications from other industry professionals from the field of animated film without a project (studio representatives, public and private funds employees, sales, distribution and marketing companies representatives, broadcaster representative, broadcaster representatives etc.). The workshop enables all participants to take a full part in all the activities and offers industry professionals an insight into the European independent production, with a focus on the specificities connected to developing, financing, producing and marketing animated works.
Up to twelve participants attend with a project, six without. Participants without projects take a full and active role in the whole workshop.
Participants with a project are invited to attend with their writer/director in the first workshop (December) and in the last workshop (May). This enables the producer/writer team to gain the maximum benefit from individual and group discussion of the project. The second workshop is focused on producer skills in developing, financing and marketing their project.
Admission to the training programme is open to all applicants who meet the requirements stated below. The training programme is open to applicants from Low Production Capacity countries only.
- Relevance of profile and track record of the applicant and production company (priority is given to experienced producers with at least one international co-production film in the track record)
- Production potential of the project and professional benefit for the other participants
- Personal and Professional motivation as stated in the motivation letter
- Availability of the applicant to participate in the whole programme
- Willingness to share and contribute to the workshop, engage in the other participants’ projects
- Sufficient knowledge of English
If the applicant is applying with a project, the project will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Potential for the international market and co-production
- Artistic quality (professional standards, clarity, originality, technical writing craft, visual quality of the art designs etc.)
- Projects in line with CEE ANIMATION’s core values (tolerance, human rights, diversity etc; not supporting projects of blatantly pornographic nature, projects advocating violence, or projects inciting a violation of human rights)
- Suitable stage of development
1 Low Production Capacity countries are: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine